FC3 and ATI Digital video

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Tue Apr 26 21:59:02 UTC 2005

On Tuesday April 26 2005 5:28 pm, Angela Kahealani wrote:
..................snip.........................

> So, I can finally nearly repeat the original question...
>
> Has anyone successfully got an ATI video card driving DVI LCD on FC3?

no - I have a bugzilla report in - I can tell you that the ATI drivers from
their website were the worst - a known issue as I found out in my research -
in my case, DVI out to Dell FP2000 1600X1200 res LCD - my screen would start
going black every few seconds, and get worse and worse as I used the machine

I went back to using VGA for now and that works like a champ using the Radeon
drivers that come with xorg - my card is the Radeon 9200SE with 128 mb of
memory

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA