Fedora Core brevity vs server upgrades

Steven Stern subscribed-lists at sterndata.com
Wed Apr 27 01:45:19 UTC 2005

rado wrote:
> hi y'all
>
> Oh I know some people might say you have no business running servers on
> Fedora because the Cores are so short lived and yes, it's not an ideal
> position but sometimes you have to just grin and bear it. ...hard to
> beat for the money huh?

I'm running several FC3 machines in production, primarily as MX servers
running Sendmail, ClamAV, and SpamAssassin.  They're very  stable.  I'll
upgrade them to FC4 about two to three weeks after the first big batch
of updates comes out for FC4 stable.

I feel a bit differently about some of our app servers that have more
complicated setups, not due to stability but to the fact that we've done
a poor job of documenting ongoing changes, so rebuilding them from
scratch would be a very unpleasant few days. They'll stay on RHES for now.

--

    Steve