Re: Filesystem options for USB storage devices

Carlos,

Carlos Rodrigues wrote:
Hi!

Does anyone know if there is a way to change the options for an entry that's added to /etc/fstab when an USB storage device is plugged in?

I wanted to change some options (exec, ...) for "vfat" devices but I don't want to hardcode an entry into /etc/fstab.

what does your /etc/fstab look like when you plug in the USB device? Mine looks like this when I plug in my usbstick

/dev/sdb1 /media/usbdisk vfat pamconsole,exec,noauto,iocharset=utf8,noatime,sync,managed 0 0

And to me this seems like the default on FC3...

Alex