Re: Installing Windows after Redhat Linux is installed

Marc M wrote:

The smartest way, is just to go ahead and load windows first, if you really really really need it. Save some space on the hard drive, say at least 10G would be nice. Then the redhat installer will play nice with windoze.

Otherwise if you load linux first, windows tries to be a bully and erase everything, still symptomatic of a 'everything is windows' mentality that permeates a company with an address of One Microsoft Way. Hopefully that will change in the future and the windows installer will start living in the 21st century.

By the way there is nothing that windows can do that linux can't do, you can download open office from the website openoffice.org <http://openoffice.org>, and get a full featured office suite that is top notch.

Marc

Last time I checked OpenOffice was lacking a lot of useful features in the spreadsheet program that Excel has. I would hardly call the spreadsheet program "top notch."