chgrp device problem

Bryan Harvey bendeco13 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 27 19:49:17 UTC 2005

When I try and change the group of my cd-writer and dvd-writer drives and
reboot, they are changed back.
They are currently set up in the group 'disk', but I want them to be set up
as 'cdrom' so I can allow other users permissions to the drives.

Why does the groups keep changing after rebooting, and is there a way to fix
this?

Thanks In Advance
Bendeco

P.S.
I'm running FC3 and my fstab entry for the two cdrom drives looks like this:
/dev/hdd                /media/cdrecorder       auto
ro,noauto,nosuid,users,exec 0 0
/dev/hdc                /media/cdrecorder1     auto
ro,noauto,nosuid,users,exec 0 0