Re: how to setup fc3 to ssh from remote server

Charles Li wrote:
--- Rick Stevens <rstevens vitalstream com> wrote:

Charles Li wrote:

Hi, When I try to ssh in the fc3 from another server,

it

gives me this error:
[server]$ ssh -X fc3-server
ssh: connect to address fc3-server port 22: No

route

to host

When do I need to start up?

Is "fc3-server" in your /etc/hosts file or resolvable via DNS? Can you ping it? Do you have a default gateway configured that can get at it?

> I can ping the fc3-server from the server (S1) that I
can issuing the ssh.

You didn't say if you can ping it by name or IP only. We need to know that.

fc3-server is not in the S1's /etc/hosts.

If pinging via the IP address works, but pinging via the hostname doesn't, you either need to enter the IP and hostname into /etc/hosts or
make sure there are appropriate records in your DNS service.

How do I check whether fc3-server is resolvable via
DNS, and also the gateway?

To check DNS, "# dig fc3-server". See if you get an address back.

Since you can ping it one way or the other, the gateway is probably OK.
- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer     rstevens vitalstream com -
-      "Microsoft is a cross between The Borg and the Ferengi.       -
-  Unfortunately they use Borg to do their marketing and Ferengi to  -
-               do their programming."  -- Simon Slavin              -