Kernel 2.6.11.7 and Fedore core 2

Hi all ,

I have upgrade and compile my Fedora core 2 box with kernel 2.6.11.7 .
However i have a problem , when Fedore boot up using init 3 , it will hang on "Checking for hardware " , the cursor just blinking . When i had booted using the 2.6.5 kernel , i did not have the problem.

Anybody have any suggestion what is the problems ? Where to find the kernel log in Fedora ? Can i just off the kudzu ?

Thanks

- weetat