Re: Ideas on Fairly simple Spam reject at SMTP gateway?

On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 22:53, Neal Rhodes wrote:

> Sorry for the confusion.  What I am looking for is an SMTP gateway with
> features to avoid getting some of the spam in the first place, such as
> time delay within the SMTP protocol, reverse DNS lookups, header analysis,
> refusal to relay, and other tricks which discourage spam delivery.   As I
> understood it, Spamassassin works after the mail is received, and marks
> suspect email for deletion, and takes a fair amount of tinkering and updating
> to stay functional.

greylisting is very simple and very effective and can be applied with
any of the MTAs currently available.

One site I worked on was receiving between 5000 and 8000 spam a day.
After implementing greylisting only 5 to 10 spam a day came into the
system which spamassassin took care of.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid cfl rr com