Re: Apt-get equivalent in fedora

Strange. up2date isn't able to connect to the rhn website, and when I
go the the website myself, I see there a login page but anyway I'll
try yum or would install apt-get

I recommend you ditch up2date and switch to another tool such as yum or apt-get (if you want guis, these are also available such as kyum for yum and synaptic for apt-get.). Up2date has always proved rather unreliable for me.