Re: SCSI tape problems

T. Horsnell wrote:

When I put the lib back onto the Alpha, two test files (tapetest500K and tapetest50M) written on the Opteron and read back on the Alpha, matched the files as read back on the Opteron. This convinces me that its (at least) a 'write' problem.

Is it just the library you move, or can you also try to move the SCSI controller and cables?

The library has two drives, right? Is it a problem on
both drives?

Yes. (See the end of my first post).

Sorry, I missed this line.

Mogens
Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk crc dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk