FC3 install hangs "reading package info"

Terry Polzin fox3ec208 at wideopenwest.com
Thu Apr 28 13:02:59 UTC 2005

I admit it, I'm not up2date with new hardware issues and I believe that this
is one.  I've just built a new machine with a 2.8ghz processor 256mb RAM 50g
HD etc 16x DVD +- RW. All the latest hardware.

Now I've installed enough systems and this is the first time I've seen
something like this. It makes no difference if the install media is CD or
DVD, the install hangs while reading package info or after (maybe while)
formatting the partitions.

I've tried using the noidedma option at boot and that doesn't appear to help.

Nothing on the F3 or F4 screens seem to indicate a problem, running top on F2
shows anaconda running merrily.

What additional diagnostic information do I need to provide?

THANKS,

Terry