[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: Latest perl.x86_64 conflicts



On 4/28/05, Bob Chiodini <rchiodin bellsouth net> wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 07:55 -0400, Leopoldo Olmos wrote:
> > The latest perl update (perl.x86_64 3:5.8.5-11.FC3 and perl-
> > suidperl.x86_64 3:5.8.5-11.FC3.1) conflicts with file from package
> > perl-5.8.5-9.
> > What would be the best solution? rpm -e or wait for a new refurbished
> > package?
> >
> > Leopoldo Olmos
> >
> > PD:
> > ...
> > Dependencies Resolved
> > Transaction Listing:
> >   Update: perl.x86_64 3:5.8.5-11.FC3 - updates
> >   Update: perl-suidperl.x86_64 3:5.8.5-11.FC3.1 - updates
> > Total download size: 12 M
> > Is this ok [y/N]: y
> > Downloading Packages:
> > (1/2): perl-suidperl-5.8. 100% |=========================| 102 kB
> > 00:10
> > (2/2): perl-5.8.5-11.FC3. 100% |=========================|  12 MB
> > 27:01
> > Running Transaction Test
> > Finished Transaction Test
> > Transaction Check Error:   file /usr/share/man/man1/c2ph.1.gz from
> > install of perl-5.8.5-11.FC3 conflicts with file from package
> > perl-5.8.5-9
> >   file /usr/share/man/man1/cpan.1.gz from install of perl-5.8.5-11.FC3
> > conflicts with file from package perl-5.8.5-9
> >   file /usr/share/man/man1/dprofpp.1.gz from install of
> > perl-5.8.5-11.FC3 conflicts with file from package perl-5.8.5-9
> 
> I forced the install of perl.x86_64 3:5.8.5-11.FC3 from the cache.  It
> looks like only man pages are in conflict.
> 
> Bob...

I ran into this same problem.  The issue I experienced is that I also
had the i386 perl package installed, but that package was not being
offered in the x86_64 update tree.  So I enabled the i386 updates repo
that I created in /etc/yum.repos.d/ and updated perl.  All worked fine
with that:

$ sudo yum --enablerepo=updates-released-i386 update perl

To create the updates-released-i386 repo, copy the fedora-updates.repo
(I think that's the name) file and put the mirrors in that you want
with i386 hard coded in instead of the arch macro.  Also, change the
name in the [] at the top to be updates-released-i386 (or whatever you
want).  Also, you could download the i386 rpm manually and update it
and the x86_64 package in the yum cache at the same time.

Jonathan


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]