Printer Issue...

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Thu Apr 28 14:28:06 UTC 2005

Kevin wrote:
> Well it deals with an HP DeskJet 842C USB printer. I am running 1.8GHz
> Athlon XP with 700+ Megs of RAM. I'm using the newest kernel
> (non-development). I turned it off while the computer was on one day
> and ever since then it hasn't worked. I have tried to add a printer
> (through the Gnome interface) and it doesn't seem to be working. If I
> turn the printer off and on i can rescan and see the printer... but as
> soon as I add to and apply changes, the printer doesn't want to print
> and is GONE the next time i scan my printer ports. I'm clueless.

Restart the printer services and cups.  Also check the HP servers if
you have them running.  I was in a rush when I had this problem so it
was a more do something until it works than a set out procedure.

My printer has an HP service running.

I came across the same problem with my HP USB printer.

--
Robin Laing