Re: SCSI tape problems

>T. Horsnell wrote:
>>
>> When I put the lib back onto the Alpha, two test files (tapetest500K
>> and tapetest50M) written on the Opteron and read back on the Alpha,
>> matched the files as read back on the Opteron. This convinces me
>> that its (at least) a 'write' problem.
>>

>Is it just the library you move, or can you also try
>to move the SCSI controller and cables?

I just move the library, but I've swapped cables as well.
I also contacted the author of the st driver and he reckons
I should try a different sort of SCSI adapter. I'm
coming to the same conclusion, but perhaps I'll try the
author of the aic79xx driver first, since I'll have to
buy an adapter in order to try things.

Cheers,
Terry.