insmod results in /etc/ifup

Hi all!

I have an embedded Fedora/9 hybrid that I have been working with for the last couple of weeks, and I have seen something strange.  I have a rather misbehaved wireless driver (discussion for another day) that gets hosed by iwconfig commands, requiring the driver to be removed (rmmod) and reinstalled (insmod).  This system is a DHCP client.  The weird thing is, as soon as I re-insmod the driver module, /sbin/ifup gets called automatically by the system.  I can’t find any context or reason that would cause this to be the case.  Is this some kind of self-healing strategy in RH7-9/Fedora?!

The main problem is that if everything doesn’t happen just right, I can end up with mulitple dhcpclients duking it out for the interface.

Thanks!

Jeff