Re: How to mount NTFS partition?

On Thursday 28 April 2005 12:15, Duncan Lithgow wrote:
> remember to read about the limitations of this. it is not recommended to
> write to an ntfs partition from linux.

I've been pondering this.  I wonder if it would be possible to set the NTFS
partition as a Samba share, then then mount that share with smbmount.  So in
smb.conf, you might have something like:

[NTFS]
(share definitions)

then you could

mount -t smbfs //localhost/NTFS (options)

I haven't tried it, but it makes sense to me that this would be possible.

--
Richard S. Crawford
http://www.mossroot.com