sendmail-src RPM

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Apr 28 19:45:18 UTC 2005

Am Do, den 28.04.2005 schrieb Rakotomandimby (R12y) Mihamina um 21:00:

> > I'm trying to build a new package for sendmail.
> > Anyone know what the sendmail-8.12.9-dynamic.patch suppose to accomplish?
> > I see it wants to modify a Makefile and it looks like it removes
> > strerror.c form the list.... but there are too many files listed there
> > to be exactly sure.
>
> Google tells it is a security patch:
> http://www.unix.com/showthread.php?t=9797

That is something different and fixed long ago.

> May be you should also ask on the sendmail Mailing list?

http://www.fiveanddime.net/sendmail-8.13.4-files-and-documentation/libsm/strerror.c.html

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-cvs-commits/2005-April/msg00586.html

Frankly, I don't know what's the reason for removing strerror.c from the
Sendmail building process.

Alexander

Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC2smp
Serendipity 21:15:06 up 16 days, 17:55, load average: 0.35, 0.35, 0.29