how do I set 'home' for root

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Thu Apr 28 19:56:17 UTC 2005

On Wednesday April 27 2005 5:53 pm, Claude Jones wrote:
> On Wednesday April 27 2005 5:24 pm, Erik Hemdal wrote:
> --------------------snip-----------------------long explanation of two
> files
>
> > Hope this helps.  Write back for more, or contact me off list.  Erik
> > Hemdal
>
> Thank you very much, for your explanation, and your offer. I'm doing a lot
> of reading now - these crises always serve to force-feed intense learning
> curves.  Thanks to Alexander also, and everyone else who responded. Things
> are either working now, or can be made to work through workarounds. --

Just when I thought I had this under control, I find a new issue. Apparently,
by logging in as single user, and setting a new password, I set a password
with an extremely short time-to-live. I just tried to switch to root and I am
being informed that my password has expired! I just reset it yesterday. So,
what's the correct procedure, here? Log in as single user again, I guess,
reset the password, then.... How do I make it last more than 24 hours?

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA