Re: Can't access mysql via Webmin or PhpMyAdmin.

Roger, the following that I posted is saying that I have not configured a password, due to the root user not having a pasword set, yet. so, in all reality, the defaults should work for user/password. Cheers.

****
I've got user as root and no password, as I haven't set 1 yet(I should have put here, "I've got user as root and no password, as I haven't set 1 yet in the DB for the user root").
****

[root localhost /]# find -name mysql.sock -print
./var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
find: ./proc/3893/task: No such file or directory

Mark Sargent.

try it once with mysql disabled in selinux, perhaps this works. Are logs saying a little bit more? (/var/log/httpd/access_log & error_log, perhaps also /var/log/messages)

Roger