Re: Installing Yum

Jimmy Barnett Jr wrote:
ok as a Newbie to linux I have heard alot about yum and updates. I have
it downloaded and sitting on my desktop. where do I need to move it too?
and how do I go about getting it installed and running? thanks in
advance...

You shouldn't need to install it; it's installed by default in Fedora.

Try (as root):
# yum update

If that doesn't work, please state what you have downloaded, the version of Fedora you are using, and what the output of the command "rpm -q yum" is.

Paul.