Our (US) $s at work.

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 1 23:00:29 UTC 2005

Jeff Vian wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 23:54 +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:
>
>>On 8/1/05, Mike McCarty <mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

[hope that is enough for attributions]

>>>And the answer to the OP's question is so far not yet given.
>>>
>>>Mike
>>

>>You are referring to two different "you"'s. I was the first one who
>>anwsered your question, then you got pissed at me. Craig was the
>>second one who gave you the same answer, then you yelled at him as if
>>he was me, repeating what I had said.
>>
>>And just so you know, the most helpful people on this list are not
>>nessacarily the native English speakers (Dalloz comes to mind). And
>>the next time that you want me to answer a question, you can go ahead
>>and ask in hebrew, so that you will be sure to get an answer that
>>satisfies you.
>>
>>And me and Craig and others won't have to try so hard to understand
>>you. Or you can just appreciate them.
>>
>>An extended version of the answer to your question: When American
>>lawmakers go and change their timezones, lots of non-native english
>>speakers write little files and put them in yum repros, so that you
>>can download them and update your system. And I hope you don't mind a
>>native Finnish speaker developing your next kernel.
>>
>>Dotan Cohen
>>http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/156/destiny_s_child.php
>>Destiny's Child Song Lyrics
>>

> Thanks, Dotan
>
> I have given up on trying to understand/communicate with Mike McCarty.

Since I don't keep careful track of individual personalities,
I don't know how many exchanges we've had.

> He gets offended and yells at anyone who is trying to help if their
> answer is not the same as his.

Well, I'm sorry if I've created that impression. See my other message
where I apologized for getting overly upset.

> This branch of the thread which I started by pointing out that the
> timezone info data is updated whenever the data changes and the update
> is pushed out to the update servers has really gotten him on a tangent.
>
> Since he is easily offended and chooses to yell at people instead of
> carrying on a reasonable conversation I choose to no longer try and
> assist (although I will point out when his misinformation in some cases
> is misleading and not germane to the subject).

That's your prerogative. I'm not sure I recall you attempting to assist
me.

> Everyone makes errors at times but as someone on this list told me quite
> some time ago.  "Reprimand in private and *praise in public* ".  He has
> not learned that and chooses to reprimand in public, which does not earn
> him very many friends.

Sorry if I've created that impression. It's not my intention.

Actually, I probably shouldn't have "contributed" to that thread. The
OP's question was "How do I edit these files for myself?" I didn't
know the answer.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.