Visual editor and Eclipse

Andrew Overholt overholt at redhat.com
Wed Aug 3 13:21:03 UTC 2005

Hi Bjørn,

On Wed, 2005-03-08 at 08:29 +0200, Bjørn Andersen wrote:
> Isn't it possible to get VE and Native Eclipse to work together? Not
> even if i install it as root, can i get it working.

I got it working by using the Eclipse update manager.  In general it's
not recommended to unzip plug-ins as root because they are not managed
by RPM.  We include a patch to the update manager to default to
~/.eclipse (I forget the exact directory) when attempting to install
plug-ins as a regular user.

Andrew

P.S. Sorry the 3.1 update is taking so long.  We've got a pretty major
issue with large CVS checkouts so I don't want to push it out until
that's fixed.