CD burning using K3b 0.11.23 or x-cd-roast 0.98alpha15 under FC4 2.6.12

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Thu Aug 4 14:59:14 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 09:50 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:
> Jeff Vian wrote:
> > On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 22:50 +0100, Clive at Rational wrote:
>
> [that he's having problems with xcdroast but not k3b]
>
> > Nice story, similar to mine.  Did you have a question?
> >
> > AIUI x-cdroast is not the official package for FC4 and in my experience
> > it has not kept pace with the distro.  I switched to k3b about a year
> > ago and have not gone back because of the problems with it since the 2.6
> > kernel came out.
> > (I used x-cdroast when I was using RH9.)
>
> $ uname -a
> Linux Presario-1 2.6.10-1.771_FC2 #1 Mon Mar 28 00:50:14 EST 2005 i686
> i686 i386 GNU/Linux
>
> I have been running xcdroast since last October, without a hitch.
>
> It seems clearly to be a front end for cdrecord to me. It even
> displays what looks like some of the output from cdrecord.
>
> My machine shows nothing apropos k3b nor a man page. If xcdroast
> works for me, should I consider switching to k3b?

Try "yum install k3b" and try again.

I find k3b to be very similar in look and feel to Nero on Windows, and
much better than xcdroast, which I used to use. k3b is now my tool of
choice for assembling a data CD when I'm not just burning an ISO, which
is easily done from the command line.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>