Kat - Desktop Search Engine for Linux [Tried Beagle?]

Sean Carlos sean.carlos at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 07:58:52 UTC 2005

Jeffrey Mutonho wrote:

>>>Well I'm really looking at a tool that I can use to do  string
>>>searches for files in a CVS repository.
>>>

>>Something like FishEye perhaps?
>>
>>http://www.cenqua.com/fisheye/
>>
>>Cheers
>>

>Thanx for the suggestion.Was hoping for something OpenSource.
>jeff

Have you looked at Beagle?  Sponsored by Novell, it is a full text
indexing and retrieval system.

The official documentation is here:

http://beaglewiki.org/Main_Page

I've begun to document my real world experience with Beagle and Fedora
Core 4:

http://www.antezeta.com/beagle_fedora.html

There are still a few open issues I've indicated I want to address;
feedback is welcome.

You should also be able to install Beagle on FC 3, but I haven't done
this with the latest Beagle version.

Sean