Replacing Microsoft Exchange

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 21:41:30 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 15:39, Craig White wrote:
> Outlook LDAP integration is
> deliberately crippled on non ADS setups. Outlook IMAP support is
> deliberately crippled. So the insistence on using Outlook as the client
> application and getting open source to remedy deliberately crippled
> features on a program whose API's are deliberately not made available
> seems to ignore the reality of the marketplace.

What versions of outlook have problems with LDAP and IMAP?  I've
used it installed for internet mode don't remember problems
with outlook2000 with sp1 or newer.  The personal calendar
even works with emailed meeting requests.  The big missing part
is support for shared calendars and being able to see other's
free/busy times.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com