problems starting oocalc and any OOorg apps in FC4 with nfs4 mounted home dir

Alastair Neil ajneil at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 21:29:57 UTC 2005

It looks like the problem is to do with nfs4. root can run the programs no
problem but any other user mounting via nfs4
is stymied. Also noticing problem with vim when you quit and it attempts to
update the .viminfo file, actually it attempts to
write to a temp file then does a chown32 to the username and group.