FC4 - New Login Error message

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Aug 17 01:40:15 UTC 2005

Stanley Davis wrote:

>When I use New Login to log into the computer after
>someone else has already logged on, At the point the
>desktop comes up after logging in I get the error
>message "No Volume control elements and/or devices
>found".  Can someone tell me why I am getting this and
>is there something I should do to correct it?

As Travis stated, only the first user gets the ownership for the sound
devices and other devices like scanners. There was some mention earlier
about having the devices owned by a group and all members of the group
inherit ownership of the devices.
I just accept that this is the way ownership is and have not tried the
other suggestions regarding group ownership of the devices.

It has been awhile since the other postings for the group ownership of
devices was covered. A refresher course in how to setup the groups and
add ownership of the devices might be helpful.

I do recall a recent reply to the group ownership, but the posting was
single with no follow-up. I could not find the posting again, even with
a good search engine.

Jim

--
Everyone is a genius.  It's just that some people are too stupid to realize it.