ClamAV and Sendmail on FC4

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Thu Aug 18 20:24:55 UTC 2005

--On Thursday, August 18, 2005 3:05 PM -0500 Les Mikesell
<lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've only used it with clamav built from source, and the one
> tweak that needs is to make clamd run as user defang and
> put its socket where MimeDefang wants it at:
> LocalSocket /var/spool/MIMEDefang/clamd.sock

I've been using Oliver Falk's SRPM for clamav. I set it up to create a
clamav user, and put defang and clamav in each other's group in /etc/group.
I then set the MD directories to have group read permission so that clamav
can get at them.

Near the top of my MD filter I have the following:

$Features{'Virus:CLAMD'} = 1;
$ClamdSock  = "/var/run/clamav/clamd.sock";

(In the RPM, all virus scanners are off by default and you enable the ones
you want with the Features array like this.)