Printing from WinXP to cups running under FC4

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Tue Aug 23 13:39:03 UTC 2005

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 02:34:17PM +0200, Joachim Backes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was running a FC3 system with running cups. It was possible to print
> from WinXP to this FC3 system. But now I updated to FC4, and all
> printings from WinXP to the cups printers are hanging, no pages appear.
> Did somebody make similar experiences?

Well one observation may be relevant if you used system-config-printer
to configure your Linux printers. I am not sure about FC3 but in
earlier Fedoras choosing to share your printers did not work. To have
you printers shared your had to not indicate that they were shared in
system-config-printer.

In FC4 this was fixed and to have the printers shared you have to
indicate that they are shared. Could this be your problem?

Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
telephone: (210)-999-7484