Linux notebooks by Hewlett-Packard

Reshat Sabiq sabiq at csociety.org
Sat Aug 27 06:02:38 UTC 2005

Reshat Sabiq wrote:

> I'm not considering ze2000t. Tadpole is a little pricie, but might be
> valuable for those who don't want to install Linux/XP manually.
>
> Any feedback on Linux on ze2000t would be welcome. It uses Integrated
> Intel® Media Accelerator 900 Graphics which appears to work on
> Inspiron 6000, so i think it should be a good buy.

The only limitation on ze2000t that i'm seeing is 1024x768 resolution.
AFAIK, it also means that S-Video, and external monitors will be limited
to this resolution. Not a big deal, but i guess 16:9 DVDs won't be
nicely viewable on a TV from this laptop. But i might be wrong about
this. Maybe S-Video and external monitors aren't limited by the laptop's
graphics card.