local imap server using fetchmail

Lovell Mcilwain lovell.mcilwain at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 20:55:08 UTC 2005

I have installed fetchmail and cyrus imap rpms on my machine in the hopes to be able to configure
them so that I can run a local imap server that downloads my remote e mail and then serves it via
IMAP on my local machine.

But I can't seem to be able to figure out how to configure them so they work together.  I have been
trying to do this for months and have not had any success.  Can anyone point me to a site or howto
that shows me how to do this step my step?  Most of the sites I have seen show me how to do this
from a compiled version of both but I was not able to compile and install them properly which is why
I moved to rpms.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks