ALSA Sound under Fedora core 4

bbales bbales at cox.net
Mon Aug 29 21:41:09 UTC 2005

On Monday 29 August 2005 14:15, Don Springall wrote:
> I have not been able to get sound on my Toshiba Satellite 1110 since I
> installed Fedora Core 4. It worked under Core 3.
> When I run system config souncard it identifies it as the following:
>
> Intel 82801CA/Cam AC'97 Audio
> module: snd-Intel8X0

Don, I have almost the same problem, except I'm running core 3 and it was
working fine until I did a yum update.  The update installed a new kernel,
2.6.12-1.1372_FC#.  If I go back to boot on the old core 3 kernel, I have
sound.  My sound is identified as
   Intel 82801DB/Cam AC'97 Audio
   module: snd-Intel8X0
bruce