stardict dictionaries.

Tony Nelson tonynelson at georgeanelson.com
Wed Aug 31 16:41:26 UTC 2005

At 9:17 AM -0600 8/31/05, Robin Laing wrote:
>Strong wrote:
>> Where i can get Russian-English and reverse dictionaries for stardict?
>
>There are links off of the Stardict home page for all types of
>dictionaries.  Have you looked there already?

I'd looked at it yesterday myself.  What an obscure website!  In Firefox,
<http://stardict.sourceforge.net/> takes me to a page with a tiny menu bar
near the top, containing "Downloading/Dictionaries/Tree
dictionaries/Documentation/Project contacts/Genius Religion", with
"Downloading" in red.  Once I noticed this and tried clicking on
"Dictionaries" I was taken to a page that says "Dictionaries" and talks
about installing dictionaries and about a dictionary conversion tool, but
doesn't list any dictionaries.  Eventually I noticed that the tiny menu bar
has acquired a second line, and clicking on items in that line brings me to
lists of dictionaries.  The site acutally works better in MacIE 5.1.