FC4 can't boot after updates

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Mon Aug 1 11:14:26 UTC 2005

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005, Claude Jones wrote:

> A friend has just been possibly bit by the bug that emerged after a recent
> kernel update. I read Thomas Chung's piece in the recent FedoraNews about
> this, but he stresses that the workaround of running Kudzu to fix
> modprobe.conf has to occur  BEFORE the kernel update. Has anyone been able to
> fix a  system after the fact?

You still have the old kernel.  When you see the startup splash screen on
bootup, press a key.  That takes you to a menu of kernels.  Choose the
second-most recent option.

Then rpm -e the new kernel, run kudzu, and reinstall the new kernel.

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu