QLogic HBA and max_luns

karasiov at infobox.ru karasiov at infobox.ru
Mon Aug 1 18:40:24 UTC 2005

Hello, Paul.

>> options scsi_mod max_luns=8

PH> This is curious because I thought Fedora kernels (unlike RHEL kernels)
PH> scanned all LUNs by default.

>> mkinitrd is done

PH> Was it done after the "options scsi_mod max_luns=8" line was added to
PH> modprobe.conf?
Yes. I did it five times or so... :)

Strange thing - but when I run sysctl -a | grep max_luns - I cant't find any word about
max_luns. Where I can get info about configuration of running module?

>> scsi: host 4 channel 0 id 0 lun1 has a LUN larger than allowed by the host adapter
>> scsi: host 4 channel 0 id 0 lun2 has a LUN larger than allowed by the host adapter

PH> Are these last two lines the result of the commands below, or did it
PH> scan and detect lun1 and lun2 when the qla2300 module was loaded?

Tis is result of boot process. Below commands really did nothing - I
look through /var/log/messages - and dmesg output - but silent was my
answer.

WBR karasiov                          mailto:karasiov at infobox.ru