Our (US) $s at work.

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 1 20:06:18 UTC 2005

Craig White wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 14:40 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:
>
>>Dotan Cohen wrote:

>>>$ man yum
>>>
>>>Dotan Cohen
>>>http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/325/marcy_playground.php
>>>Marcy Playground Song Lyrics
>>>

>>I already know how to use yum. Please respond to what I wrote
>>rather than to what you read.
>
> ----
> you sure ask a lot of questions...
>
> 'updates-released' is checked against the local cache and new updates
> are thus recognized and downloaded if/when appropriate. Of course, if
> you knew how yum worked, you would know that.
>
> As for how and when updates are released, that of course is up to the
> packagers.
>
> Craig

How does one get through to you? I ALREADY KNOW HOW TO USE YUM. I KNOW
HOW IT WORKS. READ WHAT I WROTE.

You again responded to what you read rather than what I asked.

Is English your first/primary language?

The purpose of my questions is to point out that the fellow wanted to
know how to update the files *HIMSELF* and the only responses he's
getting are from people like you who cannot/will not respond to the
question AS ASKED.

The answer to my question, AS ASKED, is "It is impossible for your
machine automatically to change the configuration files by itself
when your local government passes a new ordinance."

And the answer to the OP's question is so far not yet given.

Mike