Soundcard

Bob Chiodini rchiodin at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 1 20:20:48 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 21:54 +0200, Marcus Zingmark wrote:
> Kam Leo wrote:

> >>No, no inbuilt. megabyte?
> >>
> >>/// Marcus
> >>

> >Open volume control.  Mute microphone and line-in if these inputs are unused.
> >

> They are down to bottom. But to my main question. Do I have the right
> driver if the detector says "Ensoniq 5880 AudioPCI" when I have
> Soundblaster 128PCI?

Marcus,

More than likely you do.  Per google hits and the alsa website some 128
PCI Soundblasters use the Ensoniq chipset.  1371 or something like that.

There is another, unresolved, thread concerning distortion with the
Ensoniq based sound card originated by William Case.  Possibly you have
the same problem.

Bob...