cpu frequency scaling

Josh Coffman josh_coffman at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 1 22:21:19 UTC 2005

Hi all,

   Can anyone post some info or link on configuring
the cpuspeed daemon that comes with FC4. It's working,
but only with two steps: 50% and 100%. .. My cpu says
8 steps are available, but I don't know what
frequencies I can configure. Also, when I try to edit
available_scaling_frequencies, I get an error that the
file is READONLY. (I tried echo -n, vi, and gedit all
as root.)

   I'd also like to know more about the governor
modes. I was getting help setting up powernowd, but I
could quite get it to work. (Mostly because I'm a
noob, I'm sure.)

TIA,
-j