FC4 installation doesn't work

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Aug 1 22:28:27 UTC 2005

Juan wrote:

> Hi.
> I bought the CDs from Linux central and they tested OK.
> I have FC3 installed in this box and its installation was a breeze.
> Now when trying to install/upgrade to FC4 I go through the Anaconda
> process till the moment it should begin to ask for the language. At
> this point the screen turns totally white so I can't keep installing.
> Is there a way to overcome this? Has someone had this kind of problem
> and solved it?
> Thanks in advance
>
> Juan

You are experiencing a problem with a Cyberblade videocard in most
probability. There is a file that Scott posted the bug report and the
file that needs to be replaced which will stop you from getting the
white screen. The filename is libvgahw.a.
A more detailed message is below.
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2005-June/msg04722.html

Jim

--
Laugh, and the world ignores you.  Crying doesn't help either.