Disc Partitioning for Multi-Boot (long)

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 2 01:20:24 UTC 2005

Jeff Vian wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 17:33 -0400, Phil Schaffner wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 11:43 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:

[about a machine with NTFS on it]

>>>Third question: Her main use for the Linux boot will be web page
>>>management. She has tried Open Office, and several other packages
>>>which run on Linux, and has not found one with all the features
>>>she wants. Apparently there is a package for WinXP which is
>>>very nice, and which she likes. Don't ask me, I know nothing
>>>about Web Pages. Are there some really nice web management / HTML
>>>editors available for Linux? I found Amaya, but it really couldn't
>>>install properly when running from CDROM (Puppy).
>>

> nvu is a very good web editor, and is nearly as good as dreamweaver (or
> maybe better now). It has been about a year since I last looked at it.
>
> As far as web management now, I don't understand what you mean that is
> different than editing/posting.

[snip]

Umm, I don't understand your comment. I know one thing that she did
that her tool which runs on WinXP made easy was to rename a bunch
of image/jpg files, and the tool automatically fixed up the
pointers in the HTML files without her having to edit them by
hand. According to her, the HTML editor in Netscape won't do that.

As I said, I know nothing about web page management.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.