FC4 Installation Problem

Bisi ade_bisi at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 2 14:02:24 UTC 2005

I have an IBM xSeries 240 server and installed FC4.
Installation failed with the error message "Crash with
S3 Trio video card: KeyError: 'S3 Trio3D\nS3 Trio64".
My system information reports that the machine has S3
Inc. Trio3D video card.

Following suggestion in bug# 157972 I reinstlled FC4
using 'headless' option. I finally got the
installation done in text mode. Then I ran kudzu to
configure the hardware. However kudzu comes back with
error message: Error creating netlink socket
(Permission denied). I then ran
"system-config-display". Once I set all the necessary
option including display resolution card type and
Exit, the display just got messed up with
red-blue-green lines covering the whole screen. At
this point, nothing is visible again.

I will appreciate any help I can get to resolve this
problem.

Bisi