FC4 and nano

Daniel Orzechowski DANIEL.E.ORZECHOWSKI at saic.com
Tue Aug 2 15:32:24 UTC 2005

When scrolling through a file opened in nano, I notice that the screen
doesn't always refresh properly.  Hitting the arrow or page up/down keys
results in the first 40 or so columns containing the proper text, but the
rest still contain what was on the screen before I scrolled down.  This
occurrs inside X using aterm as my terminal, as well as after killing X and
logging in at the command line.  I haven't tried nano via ssh, so I don't
know how it would respond.

This has been a small problem for me ever since installing FC4.  FC3 was
fine in this regard.  I ran yum update a few nights ago, and am still
seeing the problem.

Is this an issue with nano itself?  Does it have something to do with a
drawing library somewhere?  Does anyone know what I can do to fix it?  A
Google search didn't result in anything useful.  Thanks in advance for any
help.

Dan

--
Dan Orzechowski
SAIC Marine Science and Technology Division