I think I need a sound/ALSA guru.

BRUCE STANLEY bruce.stanley at prodigy.net
Tue Aug 2 15:54:16 UTC 2005

--- William Case <billlinux at rogers.com> wrote:

> > > To repeat information from fist posting: we are talking about an
> > Fedora Core 4 system.
>
> My system is Fedora Core 4_i386 2.6.12-1.1398_FC4

You may have multiple problems but if sound sort of works and
if you sound is distorted, check the kmix setting for the IEC958 option.
If it is turned on,  turn it off (mute it).

I had distorted sound problems with FC4 with this option turned on.

Also, if you are using the low lever output from you sound hardware
to an external amp (or amplified speakers),you may need the
'External Amplifier' selection turned on.