driver for Dell 922 printer under FC4?

Berna Massingill bmassing at cs.trinity.edu
Tue Aug 2 17:04:03 UTC 2005

I'm trying to set up a newly-purchased Dell Dimension machine,
which came with a printer/copier/scanner.  The owner's manual
calls it a "Dell Photo All-In-One Printer 922".  When I run
system-config-printer (which I had been told was a reasonable way
to start), I get the following error messages:

No match for USB device:
  mfr "Dell "
  model "Photo AIO 922"
  desc "Dell Photo AIO Printer 922"
  cmdset "CPDNPA003"

Does this mean Linux can't find a driver for the printer?
Dell's Web site has only Windows drivers.  A quick Google search
turns up several people asking about support for this printer
under Linux, but no answer.

What now?  (Was I insufficiently paranoid in checking for
hardware compatibility before buying this thing?  It was a
really good deal pricewise .... )

-- blm