Yum Problems on FC4 x86_64

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Wed Aug 3 11:01:03 UTC 2005

Law Barstow wrote:

> As for repositories, I am using only the base repositories + livna. In
> the past, I had installed only one or two packages from Dag, but then
> disabled the repo as soon as I had what I needed (related to playing
> MP3's).

I see Paul Howarth solved your problem,
as he solved mine and many others'.
Thank you, Paul!

But I thought I would add my cent.
Bitter experience has taught me only to include the 3 official repositories
(base, updates and extras),
especially on an x86_64 machine.

I have livna, dag, etc in /etc/yum.repos.d/ but with enabled=0,
and I will use them (with enablerepo=dag or whatever) occasionally
to install a single package if I can't find it in the official repositories.

Some of the documentation I have seen seems to suggest
that livna is an official repository,
but I don't think of it that way.

Am I being too cautious?

--