Upgrade RedHat 9 to Fedora

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 3 13:49:30 UTC 2005

sudo Yang wrote:
> What would be the easiest way to upgrade 2000 servers from RedHat 9 to
> Fedora or RedHat Enterprise/CentOS?  Also, 1/2 of these systems have 1
> TB data partition that cannot be destroyed.
>
> Would an upgrade option work via Kickstart?

If you have really important data like that, then you might want
to reconsider whether FCx is an "upgrade". FC is, in effect, a
beta test release.

If it really is for you, then that's fine. Possibly install on
one machine, and kickstart with network install on the others
would go ok.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.