Newbie: Photoshop CS under Fedora Core 4

STYMA, ROBERT E (ROBERT) stymar at lucent.com
Wed Aug 3 17:47:29 UTC 2005

> > Is there any other stable alternative that can make this
> possible, for free?
>
> Wine might work.

I loaded wine and then loaded an ran the "winetools" (which I am
told are now deprecated) and with a little tweeking, got an assortment
of things that Windows likes to have around running.  For example,
Internet Explorer and the Windows installer.  After that I got a fair
number of windows programs to install and run although I did not try
Photoshop as Gimp meets my needs.  The winetools complains about the
version of wine being too new, but I told it to go ahead and use it
anyway and it worked good enough.

You might want to try this setup and then try to run the photoshop
installation.

Robert Styma