Upgrade RedHat 9 to Fedora

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 3 19:34:07 UTC 2005

Stewart Williams wrote:

>> If you have really important data like that, then you might want
>> to reconsider whether FCx is an "upgrade". FC is, in effect, a
>> beta test release.
>

> Are you saying that every "stable" release of Fedora is actually on
> classed as a "beta test" release?
>
> If this is so, then why call it a "stable" release? I run FC on many
> production servers and have found them to be very reliable.

Where have you ever seen me refer to an FCx release as stable?

As I have used the terms for decades:

	alpha test	test done by development engineers
	beta test	test done by customers

Since all FC releases are intended for test by customers (see
the website) they are all beta test releases.

I am not an FC developer.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.