Frustration with Thunderbird -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at att.net
Thu Aug 4 13:42:03 UTC 2005

I've tried questioning a Mozilla list but if you're not running Windows
the probability of a response is low.

I have three major problems with Thunderbird version 1.0.2-6 (20050513)
in FC-4.

1      When I scroll [with the space bar] through the message text of
the last message
in a directory  [I filter mail into directories] a block comes up asking
if I want to advance to the
next unread message in another directory and requires me to reach for
the track ball
and acknowledge the notice.  I would prefer that nothing happen when I
get to the end!
Is there a way to change this?

2      If I accidentally hit the Enter button instead of Shift or Delete
while viewing a
message it brings up a whole series of new pages.  The simplest way out
of that is to
xkill Thunderbird and start over.  I would prefer that it do nothing
again in this case!

3      My problems are due in part to a large degree of visual
impairment with which I have
been recently afflicted. I would like to enlarge the scroll bar since
when I need to use the
track ball I have trouble hitting the tiny box at either end.  I can
enlarge text sufficiently
so that I can deal with it, sometimes with a magnifier, but the scroll
bar is difficult to use.
How can I change the size?

Answers to any of these questions will be appreciated.

Bob Goodwin       Zuni,  Virginia