Registered with RHN for updates...

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Thu Aug 4 14:23:44 UTC 2005

Am Do, den 04.08.2005 schrieb Mark Knights um 16:10:

> Have just built a Fedora Core 4 machine for some uni work and hooked up
> my modem.  I am looking to run up2date and registered with the RHN.  Got
> the reply email and went to the requested page and confirmed my membership.

Fedora does not use RHN. You do not need to register anywhere to receive
updates. If you run the step and register using up2date / RHN applet the
tool will refuse to work as there is no Fedora channel with the RHN
service.

> However, when I run up2 date the system goes to collect the packages and
> then just seems to hang.  Is anyone aware of anything else I should be
> doing?

Correct the settings. Or even better: use "yum" to update package, to
install further or to uninstall unwanted.

For reference about past discussions:

1) http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fedora-list&w=2&r=1&s=RHN&q=b
2) http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fedora-list&w=2&r=1&s=up2date&q=b

> Mark

Alexander

Serendipity 16:20:19 up 19 days, 20:52, load average: 0.09, 0.14, 0.15